From the Board Chair-
Thank you for considering a gift to the trailblazing work of Discover Life in America. Your contribution will help build the history-making effort that is the All Taxa Bio-Diversity Inventory in your backyard, in the Smokies, and around the world!
- As of this year, YOU have discovered 951 species brand new to science, as well as an additional 8,095 species not previously known in Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- YOU have trained hundreds of volunteers to assist with the ATBI who have recorded many hundreds of volunteer hours.
- YOU have granted hundreds of thousands of dollars to scientists and educators in support of their efforts to discover the biological riches of the Great Smoky Mountains.
- YOU have sponsored “Bioblitzes,” such as Beetle Blitzes, Fern Forays, Lepidoptera Quests, and other intensive field surveys.
- YOU have created education programs that provide young people with the chance to learn biology from some of the world’s foremost authorities.
- YOU have created a database and website to gather and share valuable information and to communicate the excitement of discovery to scientists, Park managers, and the world.
- YOU have created a model ATBI in the Smokies for future ATBIs around the world.
- YOU have assisted volunteers, working to conserve several at-risk trees in the Smokies with our Tree Teams Project, in finding an extremely rare “punk caterpillar.’
Modern-day explorers from across the country and around the world are coming to OUR national park to learn ATBI methods. At the same time, scientists from the Great Smoky Mountains are crossing oceans to encourage and enable exploration of an ATBI nature in other lands. Please support this vital exchange of knowledge.
Give to this groundbreaking work near home that adds to the storehouse of knowledge concerning the incredible diversity of life on our planet. Please invest in education, in science, in medical breakthroughs.
Again, thank you for your contributions. Please send a gift today for this innovative work of discovery.
Click Here to see Board Documents if you are logged in
as a Board Member or Web Admin (otherwise the page will be blank).