Discover Life in America offers a variety of programs, events and educational experiences throughout the year including Teacher workshops, school field trips, Biodiversity Days in the Smokies, The Firefly Festival and Events, The DLIA/ATBI Annual Conference and many, many more.
Education Goals of DLIA
The education committee is comprised of DLIA and Park staff, and a variety of partners who share the following educational goals:
- Educate people (students, teachers, Park visitors, community, citizen scientists, and volunteers) about science, taxonomy, and biodiversity through the activities of the ATBI.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and export innovative models for science education.
- Inspire, mentor, and develop future scientists and naturalists.
- Be the educational link between research and public understanding of scientific findings and protocol of the ATBI.
- Continue to build our infrastructure: identifying human and financial resources to meet our goals.